Seventy-five years ago, we created a home for creative thinkers seeking to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Today, a collective of 16,000+ Arupians gather across the globe from 140 different countries to build a sustainable future.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.
About this role
Do you find purpose in helping ensure seamless commercial operations in a growing market? As the Lead Commercial Manager for Indonesia, you will support the President Director to ensure there is a healthy and diverse mix of projects across multiple disciplines and markets, including joint venture, design and construct and alliancing. You will be at adept at project commercial delivery and be responsible for establishing and embedding best practice business management commercial support across our projects in Indonesia.
What will I do?
- Provide advice, direct support and strategic commercial insight to the President Director, Project Directors on all aspects of commercial and risk management, for individual projects and at an aggregate geography level. This will include and not limited to all commercial matters at all stages of our projects from initial proposals to project close, including initial drafting of contracts, negotiation of contracts, negotiation of claims, fee payments and the settlement of disputes.
- Operate as part of the country Leadership Team to ensure the performance of the geography as a whole to P&L targets, and other metrics as agreed by leadership.
- Manage a team of commercial analysts, project controllers and commercial managers, including identify existing gaps, and support their future training and development.
- Review bids and projects as appropriate and take action to intervene where necessary to support project leadership in delivery of agreed commercial outcomes. You will also ensure compliance with policy and process in all aspects of bidding for Indonesia. Including attendance and commercial advice to bidding decisions and reviews.
- Develop a culture of improvement in project delivery, project management and commercial acumen of Project Leadership and all Arup delivery personnel.
- Ensure, in conjunction with others, that the regional commercial and project management training programme is delivered in the geography.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Finance or Civil / Structural Engineering or equivalent qualification/experience in a similar area, including extensive experience in commercial operational excellence in a large complex diverse group.
- Strong commercial management experience in joint ventures and design & construct.
- Deep involvement in dispute strategy, claims preparation, conflict resolution, negotiation, and settlement with external parties.
- A commitment to the development and empowering of teams, both immediate commercial team reports, and influencing of the broader Arup team.
- A digital-first solutions focus with a strong appreciation of the importance of digital systems and their correct application to drive marginal gains.
- A commitment to enabling positive, respectful, and inclusive team environments.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants, and technical specialists, working across every aspect of the built environment.
Founded by Sir Ove Arup, a gifted engineer-philosopher with an original and restless mind, our firm has always had a keen sense of purpose.
We create spaces where everyone feels safe, seen and included and able to perform at their best. We take an approach to flexible working that supports the diversity and well-being of our members.
Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.