To achieve this we look for people who are driven by our mission to help our clients grow and are excited by helping improve the lives of those around them.
Are you a seasoned software engineering expert with a knack for solving complex problems and driving strategic initiatives? Paystone is seeking a Principal Engineer to join our passionate and forward-thinking team. As a Principal Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the architectural direction of our products and driving growth through high-impact projects.
At Paystone you'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of products and tech stacks giving you the ability to really focus on what you're passionate about.
Why join us?
- Build products that improve the lives of millions of customers
- Build on the latest tech stack
- Build products that define the future of our industry
- Collaborate with thought leaders
- Architectural Leadership: Lead discussions and solve complex architectural challenges with precision and creativity.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner with peers and senior leaders across various functions, both internal and external to the company, to strategize and drive initiatives.
- Strategic Project Leadership: Lead large, cross-functional, and strategic projects, making critical decisions that significantly impact the company's direction and growth.
- Problem Solving: Anticipate future challenges and proactively develop solutions.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Play a key role in shaping solutions to emerging problems, identifying and communicating patterns to peers and leadership.
- Process Improvement: Improve team communication through defining processes, standards, best practices, and innovative methods of showcasing work.
- Leadership through Data: Rally teams around client impact, using data and insights to unite colleagues in pursuit of common goals.
- Feedback and Growth: Consistently deliver constructive and timely feedback to peers of all levels, fostering growth and client success.
- Experience: 10+ years of software engineering experience, with at least 5 years in a Principal level role.
- Technical Proficiency: Strong software engineering fundamentals in algorithms and data structures, with a proven track record in defining and building complex full-stack systems.
- Testing: Understanding of full-stack testing patterns and experience with test frameworks such as Jest and Cypress.
- API Design: Experience designing APIs (REST and GraphQL).
- Cloud Expertise: Knowledge of public cloud architecture (Azure, AWS, or GCP) with a history of building and shipping cloud-based solutions.
- Typescript proficiency
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Expertise in performance optimization strategies for high-volume, low-latency web applications
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Knowledge of cloud security vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies
- Understanding of query performance and data synchronization optimization strategies
- Contribution to the development of best practices in the wider engineering industry
- Compensation tied to market data (we use Mercer)
- We reward for contribution
- Everyone gets Equity
- Unlimited Vacation - yes, for real
- We’re committed to career development
- Work from home
- Company Events
- Health Insurance
By joining Paystone, you are joining a team that is future-focused and driven by our mission of creating Customer Driven Growth.
By helping our clients create better experiences for their customers and then motivating their happy customers to share their experiences with others, our platform creates momentum for our clients to gain more happy customers. In other words, we win when our customers do.
Paystone is a leading North American payment and software company redefining the way merchants engage their customers and grow their businesses. The company's seamlessly integrated suite of automated payment processing, customer loyalty, gift card solutions, and now reputation marketing, is used by brands such as Irving Oil, The Source, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn, and many of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands. Paystone's solutions are used at over 30,000 locations across Canada and the United States which collectively process over 10 billion dollars a year in bankcard volume. We employ over 200 employees and serve as the technology partner of choice for hundreds of partners across North America.
**Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.**
Powered by JazzHR